You need a kettlebell or dumbell for this workout. You will also need a box or a step stable enough to jump or step onto. The box/step should be about 15-24 inches high.
21 – 15 – 9 Rep Rounds for time of:
- Box Jumps (step ups)
- Kettlebell/ Dumbell Swings
Kettlebell Swing Technique
- Start with feet just outside shoulder width apart
- Bend knees with chest remaining upright to pick up kettlebell or end of dumbell. (Deadlift set up)
- Swing kettlebell/dumbell over head maintaining a flat back and straight arms.
- During the swing your legs will go from bent to straight while using your hips to help propel the kettlebell/dumbell overhead.
- The kettlebell will swing between your legs while in the lower position.
- The swings continue for as long as you are able. Resting only if needed and for short durations.
- You can use a dumbell if you do not have a kettlebell. Use the end of the dumbell as a handle.
A burpee is a workout element using a squat-thrust, a push up, and a jump for a single repetition.
- Squat down and place your hands slightly in front of you on the floor.
- Leaving your hands on the floor, jump your feet back behind you allowing your body to stop in a plank position (the plank is the top of a push up).
- Lower your body until your chest touches the floor (the bottom of a push up).
- Push back up, and maintain a straight body throughout the movement.
- Jump your feet back into a squat position again and stand up.
- Complete the element with a strong jump with arms overhead (clap at the top to finish).
Stand with the box or step in front of you. Jump up with both feet to the top of the box and fully open your hips. Jump or step back down until all the repetitions have been completed in the round. Repeat for more rounds. You may step up on the box using one leg, the second leg will join the first at the top of the box with your hips fully open. Alternate legs for each repetition.